ANPR Based Entrance System
The automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system is a camera-based solution and is quickly becoming an increasingly popular solution offering organizations effective visitor and car parking access management. Boom barriers get integrated with ANPR camera which comes with software analytics features in which vehicle number plate details can be stored and after validation of the same the barriers opens up for registered vehicle only thus making the community with high security.
Several trends and challenges are driving the popularity of this solution, such as increasing vehicle thefts, security concerns as well as the growing interest in smart parking solutions and automated vehicle identification.
Automatic Number Plate Recognition is a technology that uses optical character recognition to read vehicle registration plates. However, it soon entered the security market as more and more providers saw the benefits of utilizing this solution for applications such as electronic toll collection, parking management, and smart parking.
- A high-definition infrared digital camera captures an image of the vehicle’s number plate.
- Computer server with software to process the information.
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or any other form of the high-speed data network to transmit the vehicle’s number to computer software for identifying and verifying an approaching vehicle.
- A database of employees and authorized individuals’ number plates.
- Barriers, gates, etc. a physical barrier for entering the premises.
- Access controller connected to all of the above.
- Private / Public car parks
- Shared business sites both industrial or office-based
- Public services e.g. hospitals, schools, emergency services
- Sports complexes and stadiums
- Logistic hubs
- Gated flats and communities
- Easy Installation
ANPR solutions are fairly easy to install – no specialist equipment is needed, and the solution will be ready to use within a few hours.
- 24-hour Security
ANPR provides automated 24-hour access to secure sites or car parks by entering the relevant vehicle’s number plate into the system. When pre-approved vehicles turn up, the barrier will open allowing free-flowing vehicle access in and out of any secure site.
- Health and Safety
ANPR provides a touch-free vehicle access control, meaning that drivers no longer need to physically touch any of the equipment to enter or leave the premises. From the health and safety standpoint, this helps organizations and businesses to prevent the spread of viruses and make sure that their premises stay as safe as possible.
- No Tags Needed
For organizations where vehicle tags aren’t an option, ANPR can be a great and cost-effective solution, as it still offers long-range automated vehicle access without the need to purchase tags for each vehicle.